12 Feb Tall Guy’s Top Wedding Menus in 2015
If you know Milwaukee, you know that this eclectic city offers some of the hippest, most fabulous wedding venues – and we’ve seen it all first-hand working with dozens of lovebirds to customize their wedding menus. We take-to-heart the personal style and wishes of the bride & groom when we cater weddings. In some cases, we’ve added the groom’s home brew to our mac & cheese or used Anodyne Coffee as rub for our Tall Guy sliders.
Whatever the touch, it’s been a delicious, creative year, and I’d like to share Tall Guy’s top wedding menus from 2015:
Photo By: Artists’ Eye Photography
Aside from master landscaping, this cream city historic home – located in Brewer’s Hill – has a great vibe and provides intimacy for your private party. This past summer, Bobby & MaLisa, wanted colorful, locally-sourced goodness to serve to their guests – so here’s what we did…
Garden Wedding Menu
- Clock Shadow Creamery cheeses, Potter’s crackers, assorted fresh veggies
- Roasted red pepper hummus
- Fresh fruit display and balsamic house salad
- Char grilled chicken breast with Tall Guy Bourbon BBQ sauce and pineapple salsa
- Grilled flank steak with roasted tomato butter
- Oven roasted veggies
Breakfast-for-Dinner @ Anodyne Coffee
In my opinion, Nicole & Peter started their lives out right together with a laid-back, Wisconsin style, breakfast-for-dinner menu. Everything about their wedding buffet was full of sweet & savory yum. Anodyne, located in Walker’s Point, is a hip, bright space, set with a stage for local musicians.
- Bloody Mary shooters with cracked black pepper & Nueske bacon
- Chicken and waffles with bourbon maple syrup
- Breakfast potatoes with fresh herbs
- Assorted mini quiches
- Fruit Skewers with spice rub and rum glaze
- Bacon – lots of bacon!
Elegant Picnic @ Urban Ecology Center
When you step inside The UEC at Riverside, it feels like you’re doing the world a favor. This venue – which has a rustic, open design – is all about community and taking care of our planet. And, I like that. I also really enjoyed catering this elegant picnic menu for earth-friendly Becky & Adam.
Elegant Picnic Menu
- Caprese Skewers
- Panko crusted mac & cheese bites w/ garlic aioli or marinara
- Char grilled Tuscun lettuce salad with fennel, red bell pepper, shredded carrots, crumbled gorgonzola, balsamic dressing
- Choice of slider on a pretzel bun: bourbon bbq meatball with Carolina slaw, vegan black bean and mushroom, or turkey stuffed with crumbled feta and sautéed spinach
- Twice baked potato wedges
- Fruit Skewers
- Roasted asparagus spears
Grilled Goodness @ South Shore Pavilion
Photo By: TJ Uttke Photography
Sarah & Neil hosted a beautiful summer party for their guests at South Shore Pavilion in Bay View, located on Lake Michigan. In addition to serving-up our grilled menu, they invited us to provide bar services – which we love to do.
Grilled Goodness Menu
- Char grilled Tuscan salad
- Flank steak with roasted tomato butter
- Mouth-watering asparagus
- Mini bourbon pork meatballs
- Harvest salad
Dr. Who Theme @ The Rustic Manor
Photo By: Shanon Z Photography
Aaron & Sam put on a show with a “Dr. Who” themed wedding – which, I have to give them props – it was a lot of fun. For their menu, we spiced up our classic dishes and got great reviews.
Dr. Who Menu
- Spicy panko breaded mac & cheese bites
- Bourbon bbq pork meatballs
- Rumaki with balsamic glaze (bacon wrapped cream cheese filled dates)
- Scratch made garlic mashed potato bar
- Super fruit salad
- Crumbled goat cheese, walnuts, and organic spring mix with vinaigrette
- Char grilled chicken breast with tomatillo salsa
- Ratatouille veggie mix
- Roasted asparagus
If you’re looking to stay in the loop with wedding trends, our local friends Married in Milwaukee make for a fantastic resource. There is also time to attend WEDMKE – the newest, coolest wedding showcase in the city, to be held on March 13th at Turner Hall Ballrooms. Tall Guy will be amongst one of 50 vendors, excited to get you ready for your big day.
Photo By: Front Room Photography
Simply put, Tall Guy and A Grill has great local connections, takes pride in being pros behind-the-scenes, and makes sure your customized experience is – all around – amazing.
“My son and his new bride used your services this past Friday for their wedding. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give you 10’s! The food was outstandin