29 Jul Tall Guy’s Summer Food Favorites in 2016
Each summer I like to put together a collection of my favorite local products. Here’s my list of favorites from 2016:
- Smear Martha’s pimento cheese from Mighty Fine Foods atop your burger!
- Buttery, craft baked pretzel buns from Pretzilla
- Housemade tortilla chips & fresh salsa from Tall Guy and A Grill
- Jeff’s ginger carrots or pickled zimchi from Zymbiotics
- Biodegradable bamboo plating from Patra Eco-Dinerware
- Tapuat’s raw, craft-brewed Kombucha
- Potter’s Crackers carmalized onion crisps
- Honey quark from Clock Shadow Creamery
- Your choosing of Wisconsin brewskis from Ray’s Wine & Spirits
- Fresh produce from your local farmer’s market
- Basil and cherry tomotoes from your garden
You can find many of my summer favorites located at your local grocer, like Outpost Natural Foods Co-op or the Riverwest Co-op. No matter where you shop, do your best to use fresh, local ingredients. And – feel free to send me any recommendations to trial for 2017.