This pomegranate and cranberry dip is almost too pretty to eat. It will stand out in a crowd of apps, and it’s a great way to use on of my favorite seasonal fruits: the pomegranate.
I particularly like to use this sauce as a dip, which I serve with an assortment of crackers or thin tortilla chips. It could also work as bruschetta with goat cheese and cilantro on a fresh baguette or even as a side dish for your turkey dinner.
This recipe does make a lot, but it keeps nicely for a week or two. Spread on toast for breakfast or top a pork chop for an easy weekday dinner later on.
Pomegranate and Cranberry Dip
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp chile paste or Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Zest from one orange
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Additional orange zest, pomegranate seeds and/or cilantro for garnish
- Crackers or tortilla chips to serve
Place the cranberries, ginger, sugar, Chinese five spice, and chile paste in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse on and off until cranberries are coursely chopped. Add cilantro and pulse a few more times. Sauce should be chunky.
Transfer to storage container and mix in pomegranate seeds and orange zest. Refrigerate for at least two hours or ready to serve.
Transfer to serving dish and top with orange zest, pomegranate seeds or cilantro.
Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
Hope you enjoyed our Recipe for Pomegranate and Cranberry Dip!